Pre - Primary School Programme - Nursery to K 2
Pre-Primary education builds on the basic values of society. The purpose of Pre-Primary education is to promote children’s growth into humane individuals and ethically responsible members of society by guiding them towards responsible action and compliance with generally accepted rules and towards appreciation of other people.
The emphasis is on 4 R’s i.e. Reading, Writing, Rhythmic & Arithmetic
Our key strengths in Pre-Primary School
- Student strength restricted to 30 in each section.
- 1:15 teacher student ratio.
- Professional Sports programme.
- Unique kids play area.
- Activity hall for group events and in-house activities
- Montessori trained teachers
- Phonics programme for English
- Integration of IB and CBSE Curriculum.
Primary School Programme- Students from Grade 1 to 5 will focus on developing foundation skills of creativity, communication, collaboration and critical thinking. The student will be engaged with the following activities
- Apple Education Programme using iPad's and Mobile Learning
- Holistic development though Music, Art and Dance.
- Professional Sports Curriculum.
- Stress on academics and experiential learning though Robotics, Maths Lab, Computer Lab and Activity Centre
- Personality Development and Spoken English though reading programme and Language Lab
- Concept development and understanding using innovative academic practices.
Primary years requires teachers to be skilled to integrate content, skills and attributes, wherein a teacher can create a thinking classroom. The teaching plan includes:
- Multiple ways of learning so that students develop multiple skills.
- Effective and innovative assessment approaches
- Establishing contact with the wider society
- Differentiated tasks
- Creating inclusive classrooms
Middle School Programme - Grade 6 - 8
At The Westwood School, the curriculum is designed to provide a broad individualized programme for students. Beginning in Grade 6 (Year 7), students at the WWS begin the transition to more in-depth study of subjects with specialized teachers for each subject. This transition is carefully monitored by mentors who not only look after the academic needs of their group of students but also their social and emotional needs. The small size, combined with our unique system of social and emotional support, ensures that students remain challenged while experiencing a smooth transition.
The needs are addressed with
- Integrating technology into education
- Experiential learning and development of multiple intelligence
- Excursions, field trips and out bound learning programme
- Life Skills Programmes
- Deeper focus on academics, practical science experiments and scholastic assessment
Our children will get exposed to some unique concepts such as;
- Robotics Lab
- Mathematics Lab
- Computer Lab
- English Language lab
- Gandhian Lab
- Business Lab
High School Programme - Grade 9 - 12
High school education will lay emphasis on the choice of subject and focus on concept building, career planning and preparation for competitive examinations.
Our children will appear for the following competency enhancement exams;
- National Talent Search Examination - NTSE
- Science Olympiad Foundation - SOF
- International Indian Modern United Nation - IIMUN
- Career Assessment Test
- Assessment of Scholastic Skills through Educational Testing - ASSET
Westwood will nurture leadership skills, problem solving aptitude and creative thinking though a range of high quality academic practices.